Views: 100 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-02-07 Origin: Site
Plumber tape can be used for threaded connections especially those without built-in rubber gaskets. It helps lubricate the connection, makes the threads flatter, and helps prevent pipe adhesion when you want to remove the joint. Although the use of ptfe sealing tape is simple, there are still some problems during the using.
What’s plumber tape?
Plumber tape (commonly known as Teflon tape) (polytetrafluoroethylene tape or PTFE sealing tape) can help you obtain a watertight seal on threaded pipe joints. PTFE is an master in chemistry and physics, caused PTFE to be used as a sealing material widely used in industrial applications, civil-construction, machinery, chemicals, and space navigation especially in drainage systems. It has the characteristics of thread sealing, insulation, corrosion resistance anti-aging, and can be used in oxidizing agent for a long term.
The correct way to place the water plumber tape is to wrap it around the pipe in the correct direction. When the pipe is made into a joint, the friction force of the mating thread should cause the belt to be tightened around the pipe rather than against the pipe and to spread or bunch the tape. So you should wrap the tape around the pipe in the opposite direction. The basic steps are as follows:
1. Firstly, you need to clean the thread especially the last thread with cloth.
2. Secondly, you need to place the end of the plumber seal tape on the second thread at the end of the pipe and hold it in place with your finger or thumb. On the other hand, you need to be careful that the tape should lie flat on the thread and extend perpendicular to the length of the pipe.
3. Thirdly, you can start by wrapping the tape around the pipe in the opposite direction of the pipe's rotation.
4. You need to maintain the tension in the plumbers ptfe tape so that it wraps tightly around the pipe. Finally remove the end of the pipe and overlap the tape again.
5. You should perform four to six wraps around the pipe, ending near the end of the thread (opposite the end of the pipe).
6. Grasp the tape between thumb and forefinger and pull it violently. Break the thread seal hardware tape off the reel and flatten the loose end down the thread.
It is common in all standard metal pipe materials as well as rigid plastic pipes including shower head, pipe connections, shower arms etc. Actually, teflon plumbers tape can also be used in some gas pipe. Colored PTFE sealing tape can be used for it according to various function. Forever can provide all kinds of colorful ptfe tape such as: pink ptfe thread tape, blue ptfe tape, grey ptfe tape and so on.
Foreverseal has focused on manufacturing ptfe tape for many years. PTFE is a special material, lets work together to make it in a wider range of uses to fulfill the customers’ need and even the requires of the whole social development!