Views:100 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-09-27 Origin:Site
PTFE related products include PTFE emulsion and PTFE thin film plate. They are used in different ways. Now let's have a specific understanding. PTFE tape includes PTFE sealing tape, gas PTFE tape, etc.
PTFE emulsion can be applied directly to impregnate porous materials, such as asbestos products, glass fibers, ceramics and electrical carbon products. It can be applied to make anti adhesion and anti-corrosion coating PTFE film, coating glass cloth and making laminated products, and directly spinning special synthetic fiber. It is widely applied in national defense industry, rubber industry, electronic battery industry and other departments.
PTFE has high corrosion resistance and chemical stability, so it can be stored for several years without quality problems. But the key is that 60% of the emulsion contains dispersed emulsifiers and the emulsification effect will become worse after long time. The solution will also be layered and PTFE will not be uniform. Therefore, the storage time should not be too long. Even if it is shaken well before use, it will inevitably be uneven. Teflon film includes PTFE wraping film, expanded PTFE film, PTFE cable film, etc.
① Please do not smoke when PTFE emulsion is contacted.
② PTFE emulsion is best stored in the environment around 10-30℃, in dry and well ventilated storehouse, away from heat source and fire source to avoid sunlight exposure. It will freeze at 0℃, which will cause condensation and scrap the product. The shelf life is half a year since the production. It should be shaken slightly every 15 days during storage.
③ PTFE emulsion processing temperature should not exceed 400°C to prevent the decomposition to produce toxic gases.
④ PTFE emulsion is transported by non dangerous goods and should avoid sunshine, rain and heavy pressure during transportation. It is packed in plastic bags with cartons outside. The package content is 2kg or 20kg.
Polytetrafluoroethylene board is a kind of good sealing material, which is suitable for uneven surface sealing and has a certain compensation effect on flange sealing surface with uneven traces or scratches. The following are the precautions when PTFE gasket is applied.
(1) Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) buffering plate has‘cold flow performance’. That is to say, the plastic deformation (creep) of material products under long-term continuous load brings certain constraints to its application. For example, when PTFE is applied as gasket, the bolts are tightly tightened to seal, making it exceed the specific compression stress, The gasket will produce a "cold flow" (creep) and be flattened. These shortcomings can be overcome by adding appropriate fillers and improving the structure of the parts.
(2) Low thermal conductivity is not only disadvantageous to the utilization of bearing materials, but also disadvantageous to the quenching of thick wall products.
(3) The melt has high viscosity and does not flow at high temperature. Its melting point is above 327℃ and the melt viscosity is 1010 pa·s. The melt does not flow when it is heated to decomposition temperature. The sintering method similar to powder metallurgy can be applied instead of the general thermoplastic molding method.
(4) The coefficient of linear expansion of polytetrafluoroethylene buffering plate is 10-20 times of that of steel, which varies irregularly with temperature. If the performance of polytetrafluoroethylene is not paid enough attention in specific applications, it is easy to cause loss.
(5) When it is heated above 400℃, the pyrolysis rate of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) increases gradually and the main decomposition products are tetrafluoroethylene, hexafluoropropylene(FEP) and octafluorocyclobutane. The decomposition product of perfluoroisobutylene is very small and has strong toxicity above 475℃. Therefore, it should be noted that the heating temperature of PTFE gasket should not exceed 400℃. The laboratory should have a good ventilation system, which is conducive to the elimination of toxic gases.
(6) Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) liner has excellent non viscosity, which restricts its industrial application. It is an excellent anti sticking material, which makes it difficult to bond with other surfaces.
Finally, PTFE products can have different sizes and colors, such as 12mm PTFE thread seal tape, color PTFE tape, etc.