Views: 100 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-06 Origin: Site
In many manufacturing and industrial fields, if you don't have a good understanding of PTFE, it is difficult to complete many production tasks. Before understanding ptfe sealing tape, we should also know what is the relationship between PTFE and Teflon. We all know that Teflon can prevent food from sticking to cookware, which tells us that Teflon and PTFE are similar.
PTFE is a polymer compound polymerized from tetrafluoroethylene, and 12mm ptfe tape has excellent chemical stability, corrosion resistance, sealing property, high lubricating non-viscosity, electrical insulation and good anti-aging resistance. Used as engineering plastics, it can be made into PTFE pipes, rods, belts, plates, ptfe thread cords, films, etc. It is generally applied to corrosion-resistant pipes, containers, pumps, valves, radar systems, high-frequency communication equipment, radio equipment, etc.
Teflon was accidentally discovered by chemist Roy J. Plunkett in DuPont' s Jackson laboratory in New Jersey, USA in 1938. When he tried to make new chlorofluorocarbon refrigerant, PTFE was polymerized in a high-pressure storage container (iron on the inner wall of the container became the catalyst for polymerization). DuPont Company obtained its patent in 1941 and registered its trademark under the name of "Teflon" in 1944. Subsequently, DuPont developed a series of products besides PTFE resin, including Teflon; AF (amorphous fluoropolymer), Teflon; FEP (fluorinated ethylene propylene resin), Teflon; FFR (fluoropolymer foam resin), Teflon; NXT (fluoropolymer resin), Teflon; PFA (perfluoroalkoxy resin) and the like.
Teflon is the commercial name of PTFE, which is mainly due to the brand. It is very important to let people know the brand of a company, because many people are not very clear about the material of a thing. For example, when you walk into a store, you will tell the clerk that you want to buy a Teflon curling iron or teflon sealing cord instead of a PTFE curling iron or PTFE sealing cord.
1. Non-adhesion: Almost all substances do not adhere to PTFE coating of ptfe pipe thread tape. Very thin films also show good non-adhesion properties.
2. Heat resistance: PTFE coating has excellent heat resistance and low temperature resistance. 100 ptfe teflon tape can resist high temperature to 300℃ in a short time, and can be used continuously between 240℃ and 260℃. It has remarkable thermal stability and can work at freezing temperature without embrittlement and melting at high temperature.
3. Slippery: The PTFE coating of 12mm ptfe thread sealant tape has a low friction coefficient. The friction coefficient changes when the load slides, but the value is only between 0.05 and 0.15.
4. Moisture resistance: The surface of PTFE coating is free from water and oil, and it is not easy to touch solution during production operation. If a small amount of dirt is stuck on the Water Pipe Sealing Tape, it can be removed by simple wiping. Short downtime, saving working hours and improving working efficiency.
5. Wear resistance: gas seal tape has excellent wear resistance under high load. Under a certain load, it has the dual advantages of wear resistance and non-adhesion.
6. Corrosion resistance: color ptfe tape is hardly corroded by drugs, and can withstand the action of all strong acids, strong oxidants, reductants and various organic solvents except molten alkali metal, fluorinated medium and sodium hydroxide higher than 300℃, which can protect parts from any kind of chemical corrosion.