Views: 107 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2022-03-12 Origin: Site
What is a PTFE tape?
PTFE tape, also known as water tape, pipe sealing tape, its scientific name is polytetrafluoroethylene. General White PTFE tape is widely used in HVAC and water supply and drainage, and there are special PTFE tapes for natural gas pipelines. In fact, the main raw materials are PTFE, but some processes are different.
PTFE Tape is made of imported materials and advanced technology, with excellent quality and complete specifications, which can meet the requirements of different customers in different industries. PTFE tape is under the action of pressure, residual deformation produced by the resin, the use of push molding method first made of bar or strip, and then put it on the roller press rolling, under the action of roller pressure, then spread into a certain thickness and width of the thin belt, finally remove the extruding agent.
PTFE can be formed by compression or extrusion processing; It can also be prepared as a aqueous dispersion for coating, impregnation, or for making fibers. PTFE is widely used in nuclear energy, aerospace, electronics, electrical, chemical, machinery, instruments, meters, construction, textile, food and other industries as high and low temperature resistant, corrosion resistant materials, insulating materials, anti-stick coating.
1. Insulation: not affected by the environment and frequency, volume resistance up to 1018 ohm · cm, small medium loss, high breakdown voltage.
2. high and low temperature resistance: little change in the influence of temperature, temperature range is wide, can be used at -190~260℃.
3. Self lubrication: with the smallest coefficient of friction in plastics, it is an ideal oil-free lubrication material.
4. The surface is not viscous: known solid materials can not adhere to the surface, is a kind of surface energy minimum solid material.
5. Atmospheric aging resistance, radiation resistance and low permeability: long-term exposure to the atmosphere, the surface and performance remain the same.
6. Corrosion resistance: chemical corrosion and weather resistance in addition to the molten alkali metal, PTFE is almost not corroded by any chemical reagents.
The mechanical properties of PTFE are relatively soft. It has very low surface energy.
1. Non-combustibility: the oxygen limit index is below 90.
2. Mechanical properties: its friction coefficient is extremely small, only 1/5 of polyethylene, which is an important feature of the surface of perfluorocarbon. And because of the very low force between the fluoro-carbon chain molecules, PTFE is not sticky.
3. Temperature resistance: PTFE in a wide temperature range of -196 ~ 260℃ maintain excellent mechanical properties, one of the characteristics of perfluorocarbon polymer is the same brittle at low temperature.
4. Electrical properties: PTFE in a wide frequency range of the dielectric constant and dielectric loss are very low, and the breakdown voltage, volume resistivity and arc resistance are high.
5. Radiation resistance: the radiation resistance of polytetrafluoroethylene is poor (104 rads), caused by high-energy radiation degradation, the electrical properties and mechanical properties of the polymer are significantly reduced.